Monday 12 August 2013

Amy's August Date(s)

Yup, this one got two dates. Almost unheard of. 
We meet for a drink which started off with THE most awkward 'are we just kissing on the cheek, or are we hugging aswell' situation of ALL time. We managed to recover from that quickly and were pretty chatty with each other. I'm driving but he's drinking steadily... I'm guessing he has a few nerves? As we seemed to be getting on well, he suggests we go somewhere else for dinner. 
We bump into some of his friends, and he looks pretty embarrassed. They then decide to sit opposite us, and wave at us and text him for the rest of the night. LADS.
My favourite thing about this guy is how much he laughs- especially at my shit jokes. At one point he's crying with laughter, and I feel pretty goddam smug about it. I give him a lift home, and he texts me a couple of days later asking if I want to do it again.
The next week we meet for another drink, and he starts the nervous drinking again, but this time I'm doing it too. We end up drunk, as he downs his drinks and demand that I keep up with him. We find out we have the same birthday, and he says 'at least when we're together, i'll never forget your birthday'. Awks. What the fuck. 
On the way home he makes a bold move and puts his arm around me, year 7 style. Year 7 or not, I'm still pretty scared of it. Apparently I don't react very well with successful dates, and I get the hell out of there as soon as I can. He's a lovely guy, and nearly ticks all the boxes. But I don't fancy him. Probably because he's not an absolute bellend. 

Amy xx

You know he's a keeper when he comes back from the bar with pork scratchings.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment