Wednesday 3 April 2013

The Single Girl's Bank Holiday Weekend

No March date for me.... just a three night Easter bender. That'll do. 
I'm not really one to be on the lookout for men when I go out- but for the sake of the blog, I'll make an exception ;) 

Three nights out, three different places, three different types of men. Hayley (my usual partner in crime) isn't about this weekend, so a few of my other single friends happily oblige.... 

Friday

Fancying a laid back and casual night, me and my friend Claire head to a beer festival before going to a small club nearby, known for having a bit more of an 'alternative' crowd. Your average man in here will be wearing a hoody. He may even be wearing a hat (Controversial). He will more than likely be good fun, but there is a pretty good chance that he will smell like feet. I'm juuuuust saying. 

Time for a bit of..."Excuse me... can I get a photo please?!" Cringe. Again, for the sake of the blog.... 

See, a boy in a hat. 


This one has a beard! And a hoody!



The main difference about the men in this place is that they're pretty laid back, and have no issues with coming over for a chat and a bit of banter. 
After bouncing around like an idiot who's definitely had one cider too many, I get chatting to someone.... 

Him: "Let's just get really drunk"
Me: "Yeeeahh! I've run out of money...."
Him: "I don't buy girls drinks.

   What drink you want?" 

I get a facebook add the next night. Smooth. 

Saturday 

Saturday night was a work night out in the centre of town. You can pretty much guarantee that ANY man you meet here will be a prick. It's a bold statement, but I'm sticking to it. Most of the men here look like they fell right out of Geordie Shore. Vom. They're also fairly convinced that grinding against you is a fail safe conversation opener, that's if their bottle of Grey Goose hasn't got you in their booth yet.... 
Needless to say there are no photos from Saturday night.

Had constant texts from Mr January. What a trooper. 

Sunday 

My good friend Abbie joined me for my last night out, this time in a different city. She didn't disappoint. The men here are definitely more my type- a bit more cheeky, approachable... 
I just wish I could remember more :/ I'm not too sure how attractive a couple of girls are after downing half the contents of the bar?

Meet my new friends.... 


This guy couldn't have been more chuffed to have his photo taken...

Conversation of the evening: 
"Hi, what's your name?"
"Amy"
"Ah cool. Where you staying tonight?"
"...Bye."


Aaaaand that is why I don't meet anyone out. 

Love
Amy 
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment